This is my training diary. Starting from Monday 6th May 2019, I have given myself 104 weeks to have a life time peak at Ironman Australia in May 2021 where I will be 41 years old.
The goal over the next 104 weeks is to take around one hour off my Ironman time so I can be in the ballpark of qualifying for the Ironman World Championships.
I recently started writing a weekly summary of my training and performance as well with a detailed training log, nutrition log and a few other bits of data I have been collecting over the years and when I start to add everything together, I can start seeing a clear blueprint for the next two years.
Hope you enjoy this blog and hopefully we can all learn from it.
- Week 0 – Busso 70.3 Race Port – Click Here
- Week 1 – 104 weeks starts today – Click Here
- Week 1 – Master Plan for the next two year – Click Here
- Week 2 – Swim Test – Click Here
- Week 2 – FTP & rFTP tests – Click Here
- Week 3 – Developing key markers – Click Here
- Week 4 – First training block done – Click Here
- Training Block One Summary – Click Here
- Week 5 – 25 Pounds of Crap – Click Here
- Week 6 – Getting my targets in – Click Here
- Week 7 – First Kona Push – Click Here
- Week 7 – Ironman by numbers – Click Here
- Week 8 – End of the second block – Click Here
- Week 9- Test Week – Click Here
- Week 10 – looking for 220-250 hours – Click Here
- Week 11 – New rFTP Click Here
- Week 12 – Load Chart – Click Here
- Weeks 13-15 – Rolled ankle – Click Here