When I was a teenager I was into my father one day about money and how I want to be rich by playing music in my band at the time. He told me this old story.
If someone wanted to be a doctor but kept missing science, maths, never doing homework, always cutting class. That dream of becoming a doctor dramatically decreases and their nightmare of being a security guard at their local shopping center starts to look more like a reality.
This isn’t to say they can turn things around, They are simply not doing themselves any favours.
By missing a training session, it isn’t going to make or break you however in my experience missing a training session makes it a lot easier to miss others. It can be a slippery slope if you haven’t got real self-control.I tell all my athletes when they join these simple but effective tips
- Aim not to miss a training session
- If you are sore and tired, drop the intensity but keep the volume.
- If you are still sore and tired and are really struggling, shut it down and have the rest of the day
- DON”T PLAY CATCH UP. If you miss a session or a day, just move to the next day and forget about what you have missed.
- Get the volume in
- Through the volume, you get your recovery
- When you can do the first two, you can add intensity.