Ever wonder what Training Stress Score (TSS), Chronic Training Load (CTL) and Training Stress Balance (TSB) would be from a world tour rider?
Brendan Canty is a former pro cyclists who cycled for EF Education. Here are some of his numbers from 2017.
Volta Catalunya 2017
Volta Catalunya 2017 is a six day stage race in March. Side note that Alejandro Valverde won that year.
- TSS: 490
- CTL: 122.1 (ramp rate of -1.4)
- TSB: 5.9
- TSS: 1440
- CTL: 134.2 (ramp rate of 12.1)
- TSB: -56.6
Tour de Romandie 2017
The Tour Romandie is a six day stage race in April. Side note that Richie Porate won that year.
- TSS: 661
- CTL: 125.8 (ramp rate 3.1)
- TSB: 11.0
- TSS: 1102
- CTL: 131.3 (ramp rate of 11.5)
- TSB: -27.2
- March Total TSS: 4077 (ramp rate of 2.5) (7 days of racing in total)
- April Total TSS: 3642 (ramp rate of 3.8) (8 days of racing in total)
- May Total TSS: 2689 (ramp rate -14.6) (7 days of racing in total)
From the start of January through to the end of June 2017 gave Brandan a total TSS of 20,707 (average of 796.4 per week) with nine key races
Leave a Reply