It appears the most popular posts on this site is information regarding Dr. Ferrari and his training formula. In the past three posts I covered are
- Dr Ferrari’s Coaching Philosophies – Click Here
- Dr Ferrari’s Training Sessions – Click Here
- Dr Ferrari’s Training Base training program – Click Here
Before I post the training cycle Lance Armstrong would do under Dr Ferrari, I thought I would post his Zone list using Lactate levels.
Dr Ferrari’s Zone List
- Lento – Lactate level will be approximately 1-2 mmol/L
- Medio – Lactate levels will be approximately 2-3 mmol/L
- Soglia – Lactate levels will be approximately 3-4 mmol/L
- Super Soglia Lactate levels will be over 4 mmol/L
It is clear from everything I have read regarding Dr Ferrari’s Coaching methods is he regards spending a lot of time in the Medio zone for his athletes.
This philosophy of training being lactate level based is exactly inline with what I read and studied in Training Lactate Pulse Rate by Peter Jansen former PDM cycling team doctor. It’s a great book. And it guides my training.